|4" V5 Spook LMB|
4" spook: Last I wrote, I thought I was close on this lure (version 4). It worked well on a quick rhythm, but got a bit confused when slowed down. I wanted to make a change, purely to see if I could make them a bit easier. V4 had the line tie coming out of the bottom of the lure and it required 2 different drilling processes and I had to lay the blank out before doing any of the work. V5 I decided to try the line tie coming out the center of the lure. Making them was a bit easier, but I didn't know how it would affect the action of the lure. It was a success! The lure worked more easily, especially when worked slower more like a glide bait. The only negative (to those classic spook walkers) might be that it occasional went subsurface, but I actually liked that a lot. It definitely had the injured bait look to it.
|V5 4" and 5" Spooks|
5" spook: V4 of this lure worked OK, but didn't like current as much as still water. So V5 needed to rectify this. After seeing how successful the 4" spook was with the line tie was coming out the center, I thought testing the 5" with the same design would be a good start to rectify this. V5 fished much better on a local lake with the line tie out the center. It glided better and walked very nicely. I need to find 30 minutes and head over to the inlet and see how it handles current.
I worked on a sinking needlefish last fall and I think I basically have it nailed. A whole bunch will be heading out to the testing team to see how they fish. These are advanced enough where they even get paint. I just need to clear coat them, and send them out!
So that's where I am at with some prototypes. Hopefully they will all produce, and we'll see what changes are next for them!